Become an IT Technician
Book the call that will change your life now! It only takes 30 seconds
Step 1: Pick the date and time that best suits you.
Step 2: Enter your details and click confirm.
Step 3: We’ll call you at your chosen date and time to see if you qualify.
Want to speak sooner? Call us on 01634 931 004
CompTIA, Cisco and Windows
Step 1: Consultation
Unsure what course is right for you? We will walk you through what the options are and how you can benefit by starting it. The consultation is free of charge and we will find the perfect course for your needs.
Step 2 : Online Studying
All of your training is delivered online and you will have 24/7 access to the course content for one year, giving you more than enough time to study at your own pace around any previous commitments you may have. The courses will give you an extensive collection of instructor-led videos and other learning resources via our online learning platform.
Step 3: Practical Training (Live Labs)
Once you have completed your online training modules its time to get some hands on experience.
Live-Lab is real computer equipment networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet.
Our hosted platforms are configured to imitate real world configurations by providing sufficient hardware not only to carry out tasks, but also test the impact of those changes
Step 4 : Job Placement
Upon completion of all the online courses and the necessary live labs we will re-model your CV and start to find you interviews with our local partners in your area.
The main difference between us and other IT training companies is that we have over 5,000 employer partnerships in operation so we can place you into work all over the country with a number of different companies, often with multiple options.
Do you offer finance?
Choose a payment plan to suit your financial needs with our easy, monthly payment options over 12 months.
What's the criteria for the job interview?
Upon completing your online training you will be required to undertake our Live Lab training so you can gain some much needed hands on practical experience. Once this is complete we will then re-model your CV and then start looking for your IT role.
Which of these courses would be the best starting point for my studies?
We recommend starting your studies with the CompTIA modules as they help will provide you with the basic knowledge that is essential when starting your IT career.
Key Learning Points
This package will help you to build a full understanding of many factors within an IT environment, from hardware and software, to operating systems management, networking and security:
CompTIA IT Fundamentals
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
- Common PC components and how they are assembled to create a working computer.
- Component configurations that improve performance and system compatibility.
- How to build a simple network to share data between PCs.
- Installing, configuring and managing the Microsoft Windows operating system on a desktop PC.
- Applying Group Policies to prevent data and settings being accessed or altered by unauthorised users.
- Monitoring and maintaining PCs to identify and resolve potential problems early.
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which each would be used.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific business need.
- How to monitor and manage the traffic passing through network hardware to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using features built-in to routers and switches to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
- Including network security as a basic design consideration.
- Identifying compliance needs for data and network security and building appropriate safeguards.
- Familiarisation with common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked or minimised.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access to authorised parties and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect sensitive data against unauthorised access or theft.
Microsoft Windows 10, Configuring Windows Devices (Exam 70-697)
- How to synchronise a Microsoft account across multiple devices
- Sideloading LOB apps using PowerShell and DISM
- Deploying apps using Microsoft Intune
- How to support authentication and authorisation
- How to configure Homegroups, and differentiating workgroup and domain authentication
- How to migrate user data
- Working with Hyper-V in Windows 10
- Mobility options – how to configure and work with options in Windows 10
- Configuring mobile device security
- Supporting mobile devices
- Connecting mobile devices to Azure and using Microsoft Intune
- Configure networking, IP settings and network security
- Configure data access and protection
- Remote connections and access
- System and file recovery and updates
MCSA Windows Server 2016
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016
Focuses primarily on the installation, storage, and compute features and functionality available in Windows Server 2016. It covers general installation tasks and considerations and the installation and configuration of Nano Server, in addition to the creation and management of images for deployment. It also covers local and server storage solutions, including the configuration of disks and volumes, Data Deduplication, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Storage Spaces Direct, and Failover Clustering solutions. It also covers Hyper-V and containers, along with the maintenance and monitoring of servers in physical and compute environments.
- Networking with Windows Server 2016
Focuses on the networking features and functionality available in Windows Server 2016. It covers DNS, DHCP, and IPAM implementations, in addition to remote access solutions, such as VPN and Direct Access. It also covers DFS and BranchCache solutions, high performance network features and functionality, and implementation of software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, such as Hyper-V Network Virtualization (HNV) and Network Controller.
- Identity with Windows Server 2016
Focuses on the identity functionality in Windows Server 2016. It covers the installation and configuration of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), in addition to Group Policy implementation for non-Nano Server environments. It also covers functionality such as Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS), Active Directory Federations Services (AD FS), and Web Application proxy implementations.
Cisco 100-105: ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
- Networking 101; including the fundamentals and mechanics of networking
- Switching and Layer 2 Technologies
- Cisco IOS Software & CLI Operation
- IP – Internet Protocol v4/v6
- Routers & Routing Protocols
- Securing the Network
- WAN Technologies
- Mastering the CLI
- Preparing for the official 100-105 exam
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- An all-inclusive package that will help you to kickstart a career in IT
- Combine the understanding of three leading awarding bodies in the IT industry: Microsoft, CompTIA & Cisco
- 24/7 access to the course content through our industry leading learner management system
- One-year course duration, so you can study at your own pace
- Full preparation for the official exams (exams are not included)
- Get a full understanding of corporate computers
- Boost your employment opportunities
What People Are Saying
It was easy to set up and I had great support from Vince throughout the duration of the course. I start my new IT role on Monday and can’t wait to hit the ground running using the new knowledge I have learned.
The course was tough, but after passing it I just got my first job in the IT industry! Can’t wait to see what the future holds and where this industry takes me.
I purchased the New to IT Package course through IT Career Swap I had great support and service throughout and Michael had a detailed CV review before being forwarded to their recruitment partner.
I have now started my career in IT through this method. I would highly recommend IT Career Swap for other those who wish to start a career in IT.
Best decision I’ve ever made. Thank you!
Working with Vince has been easy. Courses are tough but with effort have got through them. All round great service
I love that these courses are globally recognised. Me and my boyfriend were planning on moving to Dubai with his work and now I can go with him and get a job out there.
We're Here To Help!
Future House, 11 Bromley Common, Bromley, Kent, BR2 9LS
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6.00pm
01634 931 004