Become a Network Engineer
Book the call that will change your life now! It only takes 30 seconds
Step 1: Pick the date and time that best suits you.
Step 2: Enter your details and click confirm.
Step 3: We’ll call you at your chosen date and time to see if you qualify.
Want to speak sooner? Call us on 01634 931 004
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCNA (ICND1 & ICND2), Cisco CCNP Switch, Cisco CCNP TSHOOT and Cisco CCNP Route.
Step 1: Consultation
Unsure what course is right for you? We will walk you through what the options are and how you can benefit by starting it. The consultation is free of charge and we will find the perfect course for your needs.
Step 2 : Online Studying
All of your training is delivered online and you will have 24/7 access to the course content for one year, giving you more than enough time to study at your own pace around any previous commitments you may have. The courses will give you an extensive collection of instructor-led videos and other learning resources via our online learning platform.
Step 3: Practical Training (Live Labs)
Once you have completed your online training modules its time to get some hands on experience.
Live-Lab is real computer equipment networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet.
Our hosted platforms are configured to imitate real world configurations by providing sufficient hardware not only to carry out tasks, but also test the impact of those changes
Step 4 : Job Placement
Upon completion of all the online courses and the necessary live labs we will re-model your CV and start to find you interviews with our local partners in your area.
The main difference between us and other IT training companies is that we have over 5,000 employer partnerships in operation so we can place you into work all over the country with a number of different companies, often with multiple options.
Key Learning Points
This package will help you to build a full understanding of many factors within an IT environment, from hardware and software, to operating systems management, networking and security:
- Common PC components and how they are assembled to create a working computer.
- Component configurations that improve performance and system compatibility.
- How to build a simple network to share data between PCs.
- Installing, configuring and managing the Microsoft Windows operating system on a desktop PC.
- Applying Group Policies to prevent data and settings being accessed or altered by unauthorised users.
- Monitoring and maintaining PCs to identify and resolve potential problems early.
- Including network security as a basic design consideration.
- Identifying compliance needs for data and network security and building appropriate safeguards.
- Familiarisation with common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked or minimised.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access to authorised parties and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect sensitive data against unauthorised access or theft.
Cisco CCNA (ICND1 & ICND2)
- ICND1/CCENT : Skills developed assist the student in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting small networks as well as working with Cisco routers and switches.
- ICND2 : Teaches topics related to LAN switching technologies, IPv4 and IPv6 routing technologies, WAN technologies, infrastructure services, and infrastructure maintenance. Become proficient with network switching and routing concepts including spanning tree protocol, VLAN trunking, dynamic routing protcols and IPv4 and IPv6 troubleshooting. Become proficient with various WAN technologies and encapsulation protocols as well as various aspects of network device management and security.
Cisco CCNP TSHOOT
Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT 300-135) is a qualifying exam for the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification. The TSHOOT 300-135 exam certifies that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to: Plan and perform regular maintenance on complex enterprise routed and switched networks Use technology-based practices and a systematic ITIL-compliant approach to perform network troubleshooting
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which each would be used.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific business need.
- How to monitor and manage the traffic passing through network hardware to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using features built-in to routers and switches to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
Cisco CCNP SWITCH
Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH 300-115) is a qualifying exam for the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching and CCDP certifications. The SWITCH 300-115 exam certifies the switching knowledge and skills of successful candidates. They are certified in planning, configuring, and verifying the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions that use the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture.
Cisco CCNP ROUTE
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE 300-101) is a qualifying exam for the Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching and CCDP certifications. The ROUTE 300-101 exam certifies the routing knowledge and skills of successful candidates. They are certified in using advanced IP addressing and routing in implementing scalable and highly secure Cisco routers that are connected to LANs, WANs, and IPv6. The exam also covers the configuration of highly secure routing solutions to support branch offices and mobile workers.
What People Are Saying
It was easy to set up and I had great support from Vince throughout the duration of the course. I start my new IT role on Monday and can’t wait to hit the ground running using the new knowledge I have learned.Andrew Jones
The course was tough, but after passing it I just got my first job in the IT industry! Can’t wait to see what the future holds and where this industry takes me.Rachel Graham
I purchased the New to IT Package course through IT Career Swap I had great support and service throughout and Michael had a detailed CV review before being forwarded to their recruitment partner.
I have now started my career in IT through this method. I would highly recommend IT Career Swap for other those who wish to start a career in IT.
Best decision I’ve ever made. Thank you!Imran Khan
Working with Vince has been easy. Courses are tough but with effort have got through them. All round great serviceJennifer Barton
I love that these courses are globally recognised. Me and my boyfriend were planning on moving to Dubai with his work and now I can go with him and get a job out there.Adeline West
We're Here To Help!
Future House, 11 Bromley Common, Bromley, Kent, BR2 9PX
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6.00pm
01634 931 004